InsideOut

Bring your inside out...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, Bangalore, India

I like doing things in new ways... music... touring... swimming... teaching...mathematics...

Friday, June 03, 2005

Passion versus Decision

Hmmm... I am not trying to draw any contrast between the two. Rather, it's just about my own decisions and passions, especially because they always(perhaps) have been conflicting.

If I am to give an instance, that'd be my being passionate about designing Missiles, Rockets, space-crafts, Robots etc. To put it precisely, during my childhood I used to draw fancy pictures of these out of my wild imagination, with a dream of developing them in real, someday when I grow up. If I see now, I am in a business that has no link to any of these activies. Nor do I see any possibility of me moving in those areas. If I look back, my career decisions at crucial times never supported my passions (which, ofcourse, were too wild as well).

At a very young age only, I had a very good aptitude in visualizing how variours examples of simple and complex machines, we see in our daily life, work. Along with that, I had deep interest in Electronics. But when it came to choosing my discipline for the Undergraduate course, I chose Computer Science (despite having all the options open)!

Whatever, I do not fret it. I still have the same desire of creation, but rather in a different field. I still have the same passion of designing wild things those shake up the world (No! I dont have any intensions to build viruses that create havoc! Don't worry). I believe, I'd make correct decisions that'd help me see myself as Software-Architect few years from now.

By the way, I still dream of developing missiles and War-equipments which none(no country) in this world could possess. The pace with which India(ISRO and DRDO) is progressing towards building indigenous Missiles and war-equipments is pathetic. I want to see more and fast!

The two links I visit regularly:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home