InsideOut

Bring your inside out...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, Bangalore, India

I like doing things in new ways... music... touring... swimming... teaching...mathematics...

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Looking at yourself...

Everybody sees himself or herself naked every day. I wonder what thoughts come to one's mind when he(she) is stripping off his(her)-self inside the bathroom to take a shower. yeah, I know it's something usual everybody does everyday! But have you ever consciously noticed, if there goes any change in your thoughts that moment?

How many of us actually see ourselves naked standing in front of a mirror, alone inside our rooms? Is it a matter to be discussed in public? But, I wonder how many of us feel the pride in seeing onself. Think about it.

I believe, a human being has an amazing capability to improve itself. This is a scientifc process...called the feedback-correction-mechanism. We are never perfect, but we want to move towards perfection. We need others to correct us. This is the feedback-correction-mechanism! If you want an example to support my point, ask yourself why there's a need to have examination in education. It's because you need to be assessed of how far are you from the perfection level. The examination-evaluations correct us.

I just talked of a typical human behavior. But, not every human is conscious about this. He(she) may use it unconsciously...but I believe you achieve more when you use it consciously. Take an example; not every body you see around has a perfect body. Why? It's not the question of the ability to achive a perfect body, in most cases, but it's just the ignorance of the feedback. The feedback here is the definition of a perfect body....Hmmm, I see you are bubbling with comments and controversial thoughts!

I know you are wondering what the hell this has got to do with what I discussed in the very first paragraph. Can you imagine a gym without the mirrors. Why do you think the mirror-walls are necessary, when you can see your muscles without a mirror? Is it that you want to see your face? Think about it. Do you perceive the difference in the feedbacks about your body to your brain with and without the mirror?

Let me come back to the original discussion. There is yet another subtle difference in the feedbacks looking yourself into a mirror, when you are alone in a room and when you are in a gym with others around. Let me discuss what usually happens when you are alone looking at yourself into a miror. It may not be pleasing for everyone to see onself. This is a feedback that one gives to onself. "look...my butts doesn't kind of look good...", "My thighs are OK, but my biceps really suck!"...kind of instances. It's what you do next really matters! If you ignore this feedback, you know you are not perfect and perhaps start believing you can not ever become! Perhaps you'll never(or seldom) look at youself again. If you can't look at yourself alone, how can you imagine doing it in front of the others? Next, how can you expect the others to look at yourself?

If you use this feedback to have a path towards perfection, I am sure you look yourself naked, periodically, in from of a mirror. You see the improvement every time you see yourself. And the day comes you say "Look! This is the man(woman) I wanted to see...".


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats good idea to express your views and make it public so that only interested people can listen to you ... ;-).. just kidding... because still I am reading that Troll stuff and you made me open this page now...:D
keep it up...:)

~Kamlesh

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home