InsideOut

Bring your inside out...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, Bangalore, India

I like doing things in new ways... music... touring... swimming... teaching...mathematics...

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Journey to home

Packed my stuff...reached PUNE CENTRAL with whatever I planned to carry along. Still quite some time left; the sense of boringness already creeping in my mind. All of a sudden the following verse came to my thoughts (From "Turn the Page", Metallica):

On a long and lonesome highway,
east of Omaha...
You can listen to the engine
moaning out it’s one lone song.
You can think about woman,
or the girl you knew the night before...

Your thoughts'll soon be wandering
the way they always do...
You're riding 16 hours,
with nothin' much to do...
You don't feel much like riding,
just wish the trip was through.
...WHISTLE...came the moaning train, intervening my thoughts...everybody rushing to board on to it. I got my seat. After everybody got settled, the train moaned again and left the station.

My cubicle (Oops! 'compartment', I mean!) and the next was occupied mostly with college students. This was really good. You enjoy a lot interacting with students, listening them talking their lives in the college...last semesters events...affairs...blah blah. You recall yourself being one some time in your past.

It was fun playing games like word-scrabble, hangman. Well, to be frank, the most of the fun was in talking to those pretty girls and teasing them a bit!

They were going for vacation after the semester-break in their college. Surprisingly, they got only 15 days' leave and were to come back in the Jan 1, 2005. But, they had other plans. They'd rejoin their classes 15 days late, paying late-fee of about 1500/-, making it a vacaion of 30 days! Good Heavens! I thought, for a student this amount is pretty large!

We reached the destination....didn't realize how the time flew away! This was the best of all the train journeys I had in my life.

From flashback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home