InsideOut

Bring your inside out...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pune, Bangalore, India

I like doing things in new ways... music... touring... swimming... teaching...mathematics...

Monday, December 13, 2004

The Home Coming

Yeah..finally, the day came when I'd be boarding the train to my home town, Kanpur (India). This year it has been almost nine months of my being far away from my mom and dad. I feel it's more of a kind of an injustice to myself.

Yet to pack up my stuff...lot's of things to carry! For myself, I am carrying some home-work to be done. That includes reading new stuff. I wish I could carry my chap (My guitar, I mean), but I guess that'd be more asking from a journey in the Indian trains!

My home is located in the famous area called the Kanpur-Cant. (Cantonnment). There are only two lush green places in Kanpur, one where I stay; the other being the IIT (Indian Institute of Technology). You find lots of peacocks dwelling in these areas. In fact, who ever comes to IIT campus falls in love with the amazing sights of the peacocks. These birds are not scared of human beings! You might find people feeding peacocks(peahens, as well!) with their hands, near some dhaba (small restaurant similar to a hut) or the Fac-Lounge (faculty lounge). You might find passer-bys partiently waiting for a flock of peacocks to cross the campus road...a mother followed by small, cute baby-peacocks running across the road. Or you enter some hall and you may see some peacocks dancing in the hall-garden with all feathers up (trying to attract some 'she' of their species)!

It's too cold in winter at Kanpur (when I compare with cities like Pune and Bangalore). People enjoy basking in the sun after lunch!

My dad is a bit extra towards the discipline in daily life. He insists me getting early in the morn and get ready for the breakfast at the right time. I know...now(as a software professional) I am too out of synch. to follow his strict instructions (in school-days I really had no choice, or else my dad 'd kick my ass out of bed!).

My mom is very considerate. She says, "Beta! It's OK if you want to sleep more, just somehow get ready at the breakfast time. Just as your dad goes to work, go sleep as much as you like and again get ready just before your dad comes for the Lunch!". That's cool!

Hmm...Let me come back from kanpur. I'll share what I get for you from there.

- Sujeet -


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home